One of our roles in supporting lifelong learning is to provide a proctoring service to our patrons to facilitate their ability to take examinations for their online or distance education courses.
Proctoring examination services is provided for any individual upon request and based on the availability of professional librarians. Preferable times to schedule examinations are during regular library hours Monday through Saturday. The Library reserves the right to decline proctoring services to any individual if that request is beyond our ability to administer the exam.
The library card is not necessary. Students who are not card holders can request a visitors pass for the duration of 2 hours per day. However, staff will extend the time to accommodate the maximum time allowed for the examination.
There is no fee for proctoring an examination, but the student is responsible for any incidental costs associated with the examination, such as postage or faxing. If the examination is to be returned my mail, the student must provide the prepaid envelope if it is not included as part of the packet.
- Prior contact between the testing the institution and the library is required so that credibility and examination requirements can be verified.
- The student is responsible for confirming that the examination materials have arrived at the library prior to the scheduled examination date.
- The student will allow sufficient time to take the examination before deadline established by the institution.
- The student will arrive on time. Examinations must be completed 15 minutes prior to the Library closing.
- The student will be required to present a valid picture ID at the time of the examination. A valid ID includes a driver's license, military ID, or passport.
- The Library will not sign a proctoring verification that attest to more than the librarian has been able to do. The library will not proctor the examinations that students bring in themselves.
- The proctor will answer questions concerning testing instructions but not about testing content.
- The proctor will not monitor a student continuously during an examination, but will check in on them periodically. The library does not guarantee that a quiet space or room will be provided.
- Students should give 24 hour notice prior to cancellation or rescheduling an exam. A student will be allowed to reschedule the examination two times.
- The Library will not be responsible for any delayed examinations, nor for any completed examination after it leaves the library's possession and been mailed back.
- The Library will not be responsible for examinations that are interrupted by Library emergencies, power failure of Library hardware or software.
- Examinations not taken on the agreed date will be returned to the testing institution.
Approved: Wayne Public Library Board of Trustees, October 9, 2012